In this episode of the Anthropology in Business podcast, Inga Treitler, Christine Avenarius, and Alberto Guglielmone speak with Matt Artz about the 2021 Global Business Anthropology Summit (GBAS). The summit runs June 14 – 18 and is a fully online event realized in collaboration with the prestigious Freie Universitat Berlin. The episode discusses the session themes, the challenges and opportunities of hosting a virtual global summit in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, and the many achievements of the entire volunteer team.
About the Summit
The program includes six sessions, anticipated by two exceptional keynote speakers:
- Joanna Breidenbach, anthropologist, writer, TED speaker and founder of Betterplace.org one of the largest European crowdfunding companies on sustainability projects, and Das Dach (innovative co-working company)
- Carlo Colpo, global manager of brand communication of Lavazza, with previous experience in marketing and communication in the automotive world (Jeep brand).
Two different interlocutors of business (start up and traditional business) and education (anthropology and business) who will dialogue with Claus- Bernhard Pakleppa, high management consultant (among others for the German government) and founder of the consulting company P4D (Partnership for Development).
The main theme of the summit will focus on the future. Are we really ready for 2030? And what about 2080? To answer these questions the six sessions of the summit (formed through a co-creation process that took place remotely during the pandemic) will focus on different topics such as innovation, business sustainability also in relation to taxation, acceptance of change and organizational behavior, perception and marketing of anthropology in the future.
In addition, special sections such as the Black Lives Initiative will be dedicated to racial diversity and inclusion, while networking will be promoted and organized with the support of the professional associations of anthropologists in Europe (EASA – European Applied Anthropology Association) and America (AAA – American Anthropology Association).
- Global Business Anthropology Summit Website
- Global Business Anthropology Summit Registration on Eventbrite
- Global Business Anthropology Summit post on MattArtz.me