EPIC2021, the premier conference on ethnography in business is scheduled and it looks stimulating. The theme focuses on futures and possibilities for products, thinking, knowing, and working.
There are no future facts. Yet we humans constantly create potential futures through art, imagination, research, storytelling, planning, and design. The EPIC2021 theme Anticipation explores how our work documents, anticipates, and crafts futures of its own. Our daily practices of research, design, and strategy create landscapes of possibility. How do we open new paths—and obscure others—as we work to understand people, interpret wants and needs, propel change, navigate risk, assign cause, predict outcomes, and assess consequence?
Call for Participation
If you are interested in submitting a proposal, EPIC offers three formats.
- Case Studies
The important dates you need to be aware of are:
- Submission deadline – March 19, 2021, at the last stroke of midnight on earth!
- Acceptance notifications – June 4, 2021 First draft submission – July 5, 2021
- Final submissions video-recorded presentations – August 23, 2021 (PechaKucha August 6)
- Final submissions of written Papers and Case Studies – September 20, 2021
- Participate in EPIC2021 Main Program – October 18–21, 2021
If you have any questions, the EPIC team is there to help!