Are you an anthropologist looking to expand your skills and credentials? Or maybe a business practitioner looking to learn about how research can help your practice? If so, there is a new Business Anthropology & Human Behavior Certificate program from Clemson University that provides credit and non-credit training to suit any students needs.
About Clemson University
Clemson University is a US public, coeducational, land-grant research university in Clemson, South Carolina, United States. It was founded in 1889, and today it is ranked as the 24th best national public university by U.S.News & World Report. It is a science- and engineering-oriented college dedicated to teaching, research and service.
About the Business Anthropology Certificate Program
The Business Anthropology & Human Behavior Certificate program has two separate options for completion. It can be completed for credit, which requires tuition, and not for credit, which only requires a course fee.
The credit program is offered in person. Completion of the program requires completion of two required courses combined with one additional selected elective for a total of three courses. All participants must pass all three courses to receive the certificate.
Required Anthropology Courses:
- Business Anthropology (3 credits): ANTH 4800/6800
- This seminar provides an overview of business anthropology and a cross-cultural perspective on three main areas: consumer research, organizational culture, and design anthropology.
- Qualitative Methods for the Social Sciences (3 credits): SOC 4060
- This course teaches qualitative research methods and analysis in the social sciences and their application in both business and academic settings.
Not For Credit
The not for credit program is fully online. Participants must pass two required courses in addition to a professional development seminar to complete the program.
Required Anthropology Courses & Seminar
- Business Anthropology
- Qualitative Methods for the Social Sciences
- Capstone Seminar
If you have questions, contact the program director Melissa Vogel: Director of Business Anthropology Program – [email protected]